This morning, we finished off building the sink cupboard and fitting the sink into place. Here is an action shot of someone who looks almost completely not like Mazza having fun with the silicon sealer, as we put together the slatted worktop area beside the sink. As you can see the sink has already been fitted into place by this stage. I seem to have forgotten to photograph that historic moment.
Once the sink was in place, I attached some PVC tubing for the drainage spout, which I cunningly fed out through a hole in the floor edge guttering, which I rounded out a bit for the purpose. Well, if these vans are going to suffer from rusty gutters [oo er!] I might as well try and use the fact to my advantage! I then fitted the huge plastic barrel which I’ve been saving in one of my junk cupboards “in case it came in handy” [you see, it is a wise policy!], under the sink and wired in the 12v electric water-pump. Again, I seem to have neglected the sink in my photos for the day, but you can see the arrangement in the background in this one.
With the sink sorted, we could finally move most of the stuff off the floor and get the carpet down. Here we can see it trimmed to size and ready for tweaking into place
So, all in all a pretty productive couple of days. With the panelling complete, bed and sink in place and the carpet down, Herman is finally starting to feel nice and cozy in the back –he’s deffo more like a camper than a panel van now.