Out for some more incessant and tedious painting today. This time it was the turn of Herman2’s vast arse to get the olive drab treatment. Unfortunately, as with doing the front of the van, doing the back involved having to remove bits of face– [or in this case bum– ] furniture. Thankfully in the case of his rear-end not quite so much. Just the bumpers, lights and number plate. When I took the lefthand back bumper off, I found a fair bit of surface rust around where the tail-lift has been fitted. I suspect someone couldnae be arsed repainting the metal they scratched while installing it. That meant more tedious sanding down, before I could wield my paintbrush in anger.
After doing the corner panels round the lefthand back bumper region, I then tackled the two back doors themselves. You don’t realise exactly how vast the acreage of metal in these buggers is, til you start to paint them. It took me a good couple of hours to give them their requisite two coats.
By this time the unseasonal arctic wind was making my poor wee paws feel like they were about to drop off, so I retired to the pavillion, having failed to advance the ‘thin green line’ as far as I would have wished.