Down to work on the camper conversion at last.
Unfortunately, since I can only work on the van at the weekends and since we’ve left it so long to get started, this is going to have to be a bit of a rush job. [Not entirely our fault. Consult weather reports for 2013 to see how late the dry weather was in coming around this year] Hopefully, we can get the basics in place, albeit crude, before the summer jollyday season arrives and then tidy things up a bit when we’ve got more time.
First job was to get the bed base and sink cupboard in place. That will at least give us somewhere to crash out and somewhere to cook and wash up.
Two sides of the bed base, which will also double as storage boxes, once we put some lids on them. We’ve not quite worked out what we’re going to do for the middle section of the bed base. T’will probably be some kind of foldy-out table type affair.
The bed bases have already come in handy as places to dump all the crap that’s been rolling around inside the van and generally getting in the way
Next up was the kitchen sink cupboard. Here is the basic framework being put together
And here’s where it’s going. Just behind the driver’s seat. I will probably build the side of the cupboard up a bit to create some kind of partition between the cab and the back of the van. That’s something that I miss with this Herman, compared to the original. I liked having a bit of a division between the cab and the living area.