Kitchenalia

Back into the fray in the endless battle to get Herman insulated and panelled out today.

I decided to turn my attention to one of the blacked out windows, next to where the kitchen area is and insulate and panel that, so that whole area around the kitchen sink would be a bit more ‘finished’ looking. First job was to build a batten frame inside the lip of the window, so I’d have something to attach the panelling to.

Starting the battening
Starting the battening
More battens
More battens

Then it was in with the Rockwool…

Rockwool insulation stuffed into place
Rockwool insulation stuffed into place

I used some nice pine slats, scavenged from an old shelf to do the panelling [You can see said shelf, lying across under the window, in the first photo].

Recycled slats as panelling
Recycled slats as panelling

As is ever the way, when trying to deck out your wagon using recycled and scavenged timber, the slats were just not quite the right size to fit fully across the window. So I had to fill in the gap with some other wee bits of slat, scavenged from somewhere else –the origin of which escapes me for the moment.

Mind the gap!
Mind the gap!