The sands of time had run out for us to get much more done, before we set off for Ireland in 3 days time. So we had one last heroic attempt at getting as much more insulated as we could, before we’d have to clean the green lad out and tidy him up for the journey. We managed to get the row of panelling just below the edges of the roof finished, on both sides of the van. So at least, he’s insulated ‘Head & Shoulders’ now.
With a bit of judicious use of sticks to push the insulation along behind panels, we also managed to get these sections done with only having to remove one panel between each set of the main vertical pillars along the inside of the van body –which saved lots of time and effort.
By the way –I’ve just realised that, in the previous few posts, it actually looks like fibreglass, not Rockwool [as pictured here] that’s being used for the insulation. This may very well be the case. As, ever, I’m belatedly writing these posts up, far into the future and I do seem to recall we had a few odds’n’ends of fibreglass lying about, which we used up before starting with the Rockwool.
I trust this potential minor inaccuracy did not mar your viewing pleasure too much.